The Duolingo Test is an English language proficiency exam that assesses the English language skills of aspirants Dreaming of Studying Abroad. The Duolingo Test, like other English language proficiency tests, evaluates four aspects: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Duolingo is a pretty faster and less expensive solution for completing a language proficiency test conveniently. It is accepted by over 1000 universities worldwide.
Benefits of Duolingo English Test
- Duolingo is flexible. The test can be taken from anywhere, hence, saving time and money you spend visiting the test center.
- The cost-effective test demands a registration fee of only USD 49.
- The results of Duolingo can be forwarded to as many institutes as you want.
- You can take the Duolingo English Test as many times as you like.
- The test can be taken instantly after registration.
- You need not wait long to get the Duolingo test result. The result is available within 48 hours of test completion.
- Only 60 mins of free time is required to take the Duolingo English Test.
Duolingo English Test Pattern
The Duolingo English test primarily comprises two sections. First is the adaptive section which is 45 mins long and evaluates the reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills of the test taker. The second is the video interview that is 10 mins long and records answers to the open-ended questions. The above details can be better understood with the help of the below table
|Adaptive test||Reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.||45 mins|
|Video interview||Records answers to open-ended questions.||10 mins|
Who Can Take the Duolingo Test
Anyone having valid ID proof can Book Duolingo Test and finish it without trouble. Duolingo Test Registration does not require academic credentials or transcripts. There are no age restrictions associated, however, candidates who are under 13 must have their parents’ consent to appear. All you need to appear in the Duolingo test is
- A well-lit room.
- A good internet connection.
- A working computer or laptop.
- Microphone and
Duolingo Test Dates 2023
There are no specific Duolingo Test Dates 2023. Duolingo test can be taken from anywhere in the world at any time. You can perform Duolingo Test Booking and take the test whenever you want provided you have valid ID proof.
Duolingo Test Registration Steps
Duolingo test registration can be done by following a very simple set of steps. Follow the below steps to book Duolingo test
- Go to Duolingo’s official website.
- You will see the option ‘Take the test’. Click on it to move forward.
- Install the Duolingo app on your system.
- Upload a valid ID.
- You have to create an account by providing the necessary information.
- You will be presented with a list of options mentioning the purpose of taking the test. Choose an appropriate one and create a Duolingo account.
- Pay the fees (INR 4000 approx.) and take the test.
Duolingo Test Result
The results of the Duolingo test are delivered within 24 to 48 hours of completing the test. The result can be fetched on the Duolingo website by following the below steps
- Go to Duolingo’s official website.
- Provide credentials to log in.
- Enter the required details.
- You can view and download your scorecard.
Duolingo English Test Result Validity
The Duolingo English test result remains valid for 2 years.
Duolingo Test Centers
Duolingo English test need not be completed in test centers. The test can be taken from any location including your homes.
Duolingo Test Preparation Tips
To do well in the Duolingo test, you’ll need to plan ahead and practice, just like you would on any other English language proficiency exam. Accurate and appropriate Duolingo test preparation improves speed and confidence in your ability to pass the test. A few tips to consider as you decide to take the Duolingo English test are provided below
- Get to know the different types of questions. Because the Duolingo test has no set syllabus, you can use the sample papers to get a sense of the types of questions that will be asked.
- Start planning ahead of time. If you only have a short time to prepare, Duolingo Coaching Experts can provide you with the best-in-class assistance.
- Complete as many practice papers as you can.
- Recognize the test’s structure and components. To complete the task, you can seek resources from the internet.
- Participate in casual interactions with people who are fluent in English.
Duolingo English Test Syllabus
There is no defined syllabus for the Duolingo English test. The test evaluates a candidate based on his existing knowledge and familiarity with the language. The AI-powered test displays questions algorithmically. The types of questions involved in the graded section lie around the following
- Complete a given text typing the missing letters.
- Select the actual English words from the options below.
- Select the real English words listening to the pronunciation.
- Write the sentence you hear.
- Speak aloud the sentence that appears on the screen.
- Describe a photo writing one or more sentences.
- Speak about a photo.
- Read a prompt and write in expansion.
- Listen to a question and speak out the answer.
- Speak the answers to the questions given.
The ungraded section i.e. the video interview and writing test involves a speaking section and a writing section. As the Duolingo English test does not have any specific syllabus, any good English resource will work to perform the Duolingo Test Practice. The practices such as reading English newspapers, magazines, communicating with fluent English speakers, watching English movies and so on may act as great help to prepare for the test. Exploring the Duolingo test material that is available online is also a great idea.
Duolingo English Test Practice Papers
Duolingo practice papers are a good way to assess your test preparation and ability. Duolingo practice papers are easily available on the internet. You may possibly avoid spending money on pricey study material if you use Duolingo practice papers to enhance your Duolingo Test Preparation. Duolingo practice papers can help you comprehend the exam’s actual test format, question types, and complexity level. To access the Duolingo practice papers, simply log in with valid credentials to your Duolingo test account. You can obtain and perform the Duolingo practice papers after you have successfully logged in.
Duolingo practice papers are also available through other sources besides the Duolingo Website. For example, there are a variety of Duolingo practice papers available on YouTube, which is certainly an easy, familiar, and convenient resource for learning.
Duolingo English Test – Score Analysis
The Duolingo test score lies between 10 to 160 points. Subscores are used to assess a test taker’s ability in individual areas. The detailed information can be found in the below table
|10 – 55||Basic English phrases and words can be understood by the candidate.The candidate is able to talk on ordinary conditions using basic language.|
|60 – 85||The candidate understands the basic rules of writing or speaking on common subjects like education and employment.The candidate can discuss his or her goals, ideas, and experiences, but reluctantly.|
|90 – 115||The candidate can successfully talk and understand data associated with multiple subjects. The candidate is smart enough to comprehend the key ideas of both concrete and abstract writing.The candidate is able to interact well with expert English speakers.|
|120 – 160||The candidate can understand difficult written and spoken languages, as well as complicated linguistic situations.Indirect, symbolic, practical, and idiomatic language can all be deciphered by the candidate.For cultural, intellectual, and professional reasons, the candidate can effectively perform communication.|
Organizer – Duolingo
Mode – Online
Test Duration – 1 hour
Cost – USD 49
Validity – 2 years
Allowed Number of Attempts – Unrestricted
Result – Within 48 hours
Duolingo English test is an innovative English language proficiency test that lets aspirants undertake an English language proficiency test with extreme level of comfort. The home-based test is an exceptional option to demonstrate your language proficiency without bothering about the time and money.
Do you intend to take the Duolingo test in 2023? We are capable of providing the greatest support. Our Duolingo Trainers are Experts in all aspects of the Duolingo test and are an excellent help to ace it. Reach out to us if you need assistance with Duolingo test preparation, understanding the Duolingo test registration process, performing Duolingo Test Booking, or anything else.